‘'Wholesale' drug network sentenced to over 40 years in prison
- 20 minutes ago
- 4 min read
Three people who were part of an organised crime group supplying drugs at a ‘wholesale’ level have been jailed for their part in the operation.

Following an investigation by East Midlands Special Operations Unit (EMSOU) one of the ringleaders behind the operation, 31-year-old Sarju Khushal, was jailed in March last year to 11 years.During the investigation detectives identified others who were involved in the operation at various levels.

Khushal, formerly of Hazeldene Road, Leicester, would buy cocaine and heroin in wholesale amounts, then split that stock up and supply both other drug dealers and users.
He used his home address, where he lived with his partner Saffron Franklin, to operate his business.
Franklin assisted Khushal by taking and sending money and moving drugs for others to collect.
As a result, she enjoyed some of the benefits of this criminal enterprise. Khushal paid for holidays for the two of them, giving 30-year-old Franklin cash to deposit into her account and having joint possession of the cash found at the address.
During searches of their home address officers recovered a large quantity of class A and B drugs, drugs paraphernalia, numerous devices and cash.
Examination of Khushal’s devices revealed the true extent of his criminality dating back to 2019.
Numerous images and text messages evidencing the supply of drugs were found on his mobile phone.
Khushal’s phone was examined and showed that he supplied significant amounts of cocaine and heroin, he was sentenced on the basis he had supplied 19kg of the illegal drugs.
Examination of the evidence also identified Kenneth Galloway, Mohammod Jahed and Kian Senior as being involved in the supply of controlled drugs.
Galloway, 31, formerly of Myrtle Road, Leicester, was involved in dealing cocaine and heroin, selling those drugs both at street level and to other dealers. He was supplied the drugs by Khushal.
When Galloway was arrested four mobile devices were seized, three of these were found to contain a wealth of messages consistent with being involved in dealing class A drugs. One of the mobile devices was found to contain images of cash and drugs.

Jahed, 30, formerly of Coleman Close, Leicester, was a dealer who supplied significant quantities of drugs, which he purchased from Khushal, returning substantial sums of money to Khushal in return.
Senior, 31, formerly of Thorpe Field Drive, Leicester, was similarly a dealer who supplied significant quantities of drugs, having sourced them from Khushal.
When Senior was arrested two bags of cocaine were recovered, along with digital scales which were swabbed and found to contain residues of cocaine. Designer clothing, jewellery and cannabis gummies were also recovered from his home.

All four defendants were due to stand trial last month but pleaded guilty on the second day.
They were sentenced at Leicester Crown Court on Thursday and Friday (14/15 May) as follows: -
Franklin pleaded guilty to being concerned in the supply of class A drugs (heroin and cocaine), and possession of criminal property, she was sentenced to two years in prison, however the sentence was suspended for two and a half years.
She was also ordered to complete 150 hours unpaid work and complete 15 days on a rehabilitation programme.
Galloway pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs (cocaine and heroin) and was sentenced to 11 years and six months in prison. He is said to have been involved in the supply of at least 5kg of drugs over four years.
Jahed pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs (cocaine) and was sentenced to eight years and three months in prison. He was also said to have been involved in the supply of 5kg of drugs over his offending period.
Senior pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply class A drugs (cocaine) and was sentenced to six years and three months in prison. He was said to have been involved in the supply of 1kg of drugs during his offending period.
A sixth defendant, Reece Bell, 34, formerly of Broughton Road, Leicester, pleaded guilty in 2025 but failed to appear in court for sentencing at the time. In August last year he was subsequently jailed for three years and seven months for possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.
Detective Sergeant Chris Sewell was the senior investigating officer in the case, he said: “The investigation, which began in 2023, has resulted in six people involved in the supply of class A and B drugs being convicted and jailed for more than 40 years between them.
“This was a significant and lengthy investigation for the team and I would like to pay testament to the investigating officer, Detective Constable Lucy Clarke, who worked tirelessly in getting a case of this size to court and subsequently a successful prosecution.
“We are in no way complacent, we know disrupting such a largescale operation only opens a gap for others to fill. Our efforts to tackle the supply and distribution of controlled drugs remains ongoing and we will leave no stone unturned to identify offenders and bring them to justice.
“Drugs misuse impacts many individuals and communities and is responsible for the breakdown of relationships and families.”
Anyone who has any information about drugs misuse or has any suspicions about individuals who may be involved is asked to report their concerns via www.leics.police.uk
Read more about Sarju Khushal’s conviction here https://www.leics.police.uk/news/leicestershire/news/2025/march/wholesale-supplier-of-class-a-drugs-jailed/
Leicestershire Police News




Comments