Former police staff member sentenced for unlawfully obtaining communications data
- 5 hours ago
- 2 min read

A former Leicestershire Police staff member has been sentenced after pleading guilty to unlawfully obtaining communications data.
Nadeem Said, 56, of Birmingham, who previously worked as a SPOC (Single Point of Contact)
Accredited Officer was sentenced to six months imprisonment suspended for 18 months at Northamptonshire Crown Court on Friday (15 May) after he previously admitted obtaining communication data from Snapchat relating to a specific username without lawful authority or a policing purpose to do so between 5 and 8 November 2022.
Said was also sentenced to 20 days of rehabilitation and 200 hours of unpaid work.
It is the first time a police staff member has been convicted of the charge in court in the country.
Part of Said’s role in force was the lawful acquisition of communications data from service providers to support police investigations. Enquiries carried out by the force’s Professional Standards Department found that Said had falsified an application in relation to obtaining user data regarding a Snapchat account which was in contact with a person known to him - and then used this false application to unlawfully request data in relation to the account.
Chief Constable David Sandall said: “Said was trusted in his role to lawfully obtain communications data to support policing investigations. He clearly breached this trust placed in him to try and obtain data for his own personal information.
“These offences committed by Said undermine the hard work and dedication shown every day by officers and staff in force and will not be tolerated.
“It is extremely disappointing to see a staff member in court in this way but public trust and confidence in our officers and staff is of the utmost importance. We will continue to take action against any wrongdoing in force and my thanks go to the investigation team who have worked extremely hard to bring this case to court.”
Said had been suspended from the force while the investigation was ongoing. In September 2024, Said was dismissed from the force following a review of his vetting which led to the vetting being removed.




Comments