Updated: Feb 4, 2019
Fire evacuation at the Highcross This afternoon
Leicestershire Fire service was called out this afternoon to a report of a Fire alarm at the Highcross shopping Centre.
4 fire appliances was seen in High street.
Shoppers had to leave the centre and restaurants was left with uneaten food on tables, most of the customers did not return.
Many tens of thousands of pounds could have been lost due to this interruption in trading,
But public safety comes first.
Updated Monday 4th February 2019
Fault on Fire Alarm was the cause of the evacuation.
Statment from the Highcross
Jo Tallack, general manager at Highcross, Leicester said:
"Yesterday afternoon (Sunday, 3 February) one of our smoke alarms was activated, resulting in an evacuation of part of the centre. Ensuring the safety of our shoppers and staff is paramount and we were pleased to quickly reopen the centre to shoppers".
Pictures shows tables of uneaten food and drinks.