Council Workers Saves life and Rescues women in Flat Fire

Updated: Feb 20, 2019

Two council workers saves life of a 94 year old woman. They tackled flames and smoke to bring the women out to safety.





St Austell Road Thurnby Lodge Leicester Ground floor flat fire 09/02/2019



Video By Leicester Media © 2019


Our reporter at the Scene of the fire was told that the two council workers was heroes, and that the woman would have died.





A dog and two cats were also saved from the blaze.


Two people, believed to be the woman and one of the council workers, were taken to hospital.


The fire started around 8.00 am and the video footage shows extensive fire damage to the flat.


Initial Information:


Initial emergency calls came from neighbours witnessing a fire at the property with no one outside therefore this was treated as person reported.


Fire Service crews confirmed that a ground floor flat was well alight and that a female casualty had been rescued.


Four breathing apparatus wearers extinguished the fire using two hose reels.


A search was carried out for two cats and one dog which were rescued from the property.


Two casualties were conveyed to Leicester Royal Infirmary by road ambulance.


Fire investigation Officers are attending this incident.



Pictures by Leicester Media © 2019


Updated News 18:00

Leicestershire Fire service released the cause of the Fire


Believed Cause: Accidental - unattended candle


Council worker hero who rescued elderly woman from blazing flat in Thurnby Lodge praised.


https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/council-worker-hero-who-rescued-2561383?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar


#flatfire #lfrs

© 2021 LEICESTER MEDIA GROUP

LM News and Leicestershire online info@leicestermedia.online

Corrections Policy

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean