top of page

Residents saved by Smoke alarm.

This Morning 2 crews from Eastern fire station attended a bedroom fire on Humberstone Drive Leicester.

Picture credit LFRS

Upon arrival crews were met by the occupiers to state everyone was out and the fire was in the front bedroom.

Crews using 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet and 1 covering jet extinguished the fire that had been started by a Candle igniting an oil diffuser.

The Occupants were alerted by a working smoke alarm which allowed them to get out of the property and call 999.

Fire Safety Advice

• Make sure candles and tea lights are secured in a proper holder and away from materials that may catch fire – like curtains, furniture etc.

• Keep candles and divas away from draughts.

• Never move a candle once it is lit.

• Do not burn several candles close together as this might cause flaring (mainly with tea-lights).

• Never put divas or candles on top of televisions or other plastic surfaces when alight.

• Put candles out when you leave the room, and make sure they’re put out completely at night.

• Keep children and pets away from lit candles. NEVER use a candle for a night light.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service Community Safety


 Add this site to your Home Screen

bottom of page